Mechanical engineering is known as the evergreen branch among all the other branches of engineering. Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics with their applications in Automotive Sector, Power Sector, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Sector and Aerospace.
So there is wide scope of job avenues for Mechanical Engineers in India. Few job avenues are highlighted below:
- Aerospace industry – researches, designs, manufactures, operates and maintains aircraft.
- Automotive industry – designs, manufactures, distributes and markets motor vehicles.
- Chemical industry – covers oil companies, chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them.
- Construction industry – designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and buildings services.
- Defence industry – provides equipment, support and services for the armed forces and national security.
- Electronics industry – designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military.
- Materials and metals industry – activities include developing new materials and manufacturing components or end products
- Rail industry – designs, constructs, manages and maintains rail system components from trains and tracks to electrical power systems and train control systems