Eligibility criteria for admission to any of the B.E. programmes:
- Must have passed the higher secondary examination or 10+2 of the AHSEC/CBSE or its equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in one sitting, securing :
- a minimum of 45% marks (in aggregate) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, for General & OBC and
- a minimum of 40% marks (in aggregate) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, for SC.
- a minimum of 40% marks (in aggregate) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, for ST.
- Must not be more than 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 01 August 2013. Upper age limit is relaxable to 24 years in case of SC/ ST, and to 22 years for B.Sc passed candidates.
- Must have appeared in the CEE of Assam/JEE. Those candidaties who do not appear in either of these two examinations, will be required to appear in a test conducted by SITM.
Mode of Selection:
- Students willing to take admission against CEE of Assam/JEE quota will have to submit a duly filled in application form (enclosed in the prospectus) to SITM authority.
- A merit list shall be prepared on the basis of CEE of Assam/JEE ranks and candidates will be called for counseling, as per merit list.
- The selected candidates will have to pay the first semester fees at the time of admission. Mode of payment is by cash or by a Demand draft in favour of Scholar's Institute of Technology& Management, payable at Guwahati.
- Aspiring candidate can also get admitted in SITM on the spot in the Counseling Session conducted by DTE, Assam after declaration of the result of CEE.
Allocation of Seats:
- 65% of the total seats in a branch will be filled through the CEE of Assam with the following reservations (as per the reservation policy of Govt. of Assam)
- SC - 7%
- ST (P) - 10%
- ST (H) - 5%
- OBC/MOBC- 15%
- 20% of the seats will be filled through JEE.